Word is out via Knox News that Knoxville-based burger, bourbon, and beer-focused joint Stock & Barrel is headed for the Gulch. Located at 901 Gleaves Street, co-owners Ben Austin and brothers Bill and Niko Angelos, said the Nashville outpost is slated to open this month.
Five fast facts to know about the new Music City location:
- The Nashville outpost is the second iteration of Stock & Barrel, but the third restaurant overall for the owners. They also own a tacos and tequila restaurant, Chivo, and said they “would definitely consider” Nashville for possible future expansion of that as well.
- They’re hoping to open by the end of October.
- It’ll be the same menu as found in the Knoxville location, with the addition of wings from their other restaurant, Chivo. Appetizers include an array of fried options, plus crab dip and pimento cheese. Burgers, served on flour-dusted buns from Knoxville’s Flour Head Bakery, are made from pasture-raised, grain-fed Holstein beef from Mitchell Family Farms in Blaine, Tennessee. Salads, sides, and interesting milkshakes round out the menu, including a PBJ creation with vanilla bean ice cream, organic peanut butter, raspberry jelly, and whipped cream. There’s also a bourbon peanut butter pie.
- Co-owners Ben Austin and brothers Bill and Niko Angelos met working in the same Knoxville restaurant, owned by the Angelos’ father. The trio opened the first Stock & Barrel in Knoxville in 2013.
- The bourbon portfolio will be broad. Ben Austin says they’ll serving “everything from sips of Pappy van Winkle to standard Jack and coke.” They say they’ll create cocktails unique to Nashville and include some Nashville craft beer offerings on their menu.
- Stock & Barrel [Official Website]
- Heads up, Nashville. Knoxville’s Stock & Barrel burger restaurant is coming to the Gulch [KNOX]